Tax Senior Manager
At ABIP, we treat every relationship like a true partnership. From the beginning of your career with ABIP, our goal is to make each interaction and engagement count. We genuinely believe that our people are our greatest assets and strive to provide an environment where they can do what they do best.
We believe in partnering with our clients to help them focus on their goals and provide continuous support as they navigate through different stages of their lifecycle. Our professionals take the time to understand each client’s operation and design a strategy unique to those needs. With ABIP you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of services and industries with nonpublic entities of varying sizes.
As a Tax Senior Manager, you will be responsible for successful delivery of tax compliance engagements. Actively lead all aspects of the tax planning, preparation, and review process of all tax engagements. You will be responsible for leading engagement teams, oversee all miscellaneous tax projects and conduct complex tax research to support the client’s tax compliance and reporting. Manage client relationships including responsibility for day-to-day client contact. Performs final review of all tax workpapers and returns and ensures that all review comments are cleared prior to filing. Creates, plans and budgets for tax engagements and ensures completion of engagements within a defined timeline. Identify new work and obtain new engagements.
- Lead engagement teams and work with Partners providing day-to-day management of accounting services to clients
- Identify effective tax solutions for new and existing clients in various industries
- Mentor and develop engagement teams providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance
- Actively participate in marketplace pursuits and recruiting activities
- Identify service opportunities for new and existing clients to advance ABIP Tax initiatives
- Manage and grow a portfolio of clients while developing a reputation as a SME
- Assisting with drafting and presenting proposals to new and existing clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business discipline
- Minimum of eight (8) years Tax experience
- Professional services or comparable tax organization experience
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- CPA certification if not CPA eligible Licensed Enrolled Agent
- Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication and negotiation skills
- Manage and execute engagements in multiple industries
- Experience with software applications BNA or RIA tax research, Gofileroom, Accounting CS, Ultra-tax or comparable programs
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop internal and external relationships
- Highly disciplined and able to work under strict deadlines
ABIP offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
ABIP is an Equal Opportunity Employer