Anti-Fraud & Post Fraud Support
Fraud can happen anywhere. Small businesses are both disproportionately victimized by fraud and notably under-protected by anti-fraud controls. We can help by installing simple, cost-effective anti-fraud controls such as training staff or formal management review procedures.
What Do These Mean?
- 5: The average percentage of revenue every organization loses to fraud each year.
- 18: The number of months an average fraud occurs.
- 31: The percentage of all fraud that occurs in companies with less than 100 employees.
- 155: The median loss amount is $155,000 for companies with under 100 employees.
Our Fraud & Forensics Services Include:
- Employee Embezzlement
- Corporate Board Investigations
- Construction Contract Compliance
- Designing Internal Control Programs
- Testing Internal Controls
- Fraud Risk Assessments
- Expert Witness Reports & Testimony
- Search for Hidden Assets in a Domestic Dispute
The First Questions to Ask if Fraud has Already Occurred:
- Has the situation that allowed the losses to occur been stopped?
- What is the extent of the damages?
- What needs to be done in the future?
Employers With 100 or Less People Encounter a Larger Share of the Losses
Two of the reasons that account for this; first, there are materially weaker internal controls and testing of these controls in smaller businesses, so there is more opportunity; second, there are a significantly greater number of businesses of this size. Anthony DeBenedictis can be reached at (713) 350-2472 or email@example.com