At ABIP, we treat every relationship like a true partnership. From the beginning of your career with ABIP, our goal is to make each interaction and engagement count. We genuinely believe that our people are our greatest assets and strive to provide an environment where they can do what they do best.
We believe in partnering with our clients to help them focus on their goals and provide continuous support as they navigate through different stages of their lifecycle. Our professionals take the time to understand each client’s operation and design a strategy unique to those needs. With ABIP you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of services and industries with nonpublic entities of varying sizes.
Decide your future. Whether you enjoy Audit or Tax you have the opportunity to decide what your career path will look like. From day one we invite you to stand out and make an impact.
We provide meaningful and challenging work so you can get real-world perspective of what’s like working with real clients and being a part of a Team. You will be a part of solution-driven work and it will include but not be limited to:
- Participating in different phases of the audit/tax engagement
- Planning, testing, researching, and reporting.
- Working with compilations, reviews, compliance, financial statements, and benefit plans.
- Apply concepts of risk assessments and how to perform audit procedures responsive to those risks.
- Engaging in various areas and types of tax prep
- Meaningful interactions with staff at all levels and our exceptional clients
- Experience working in various industries and engagements
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting; or Master’s degree in accounting or tax.
- Academic success (a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0).
- Completion of the requisite degree and supporting credits to sit for the CPA exam, with the goal of successfully obtaining your CPA license.
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven experience working independently and managing multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
What makes us different?
For starters we are homegrown, that’s right we are a local firm with Texas roots. That means you’re working and engaging with clients in your own backyard. We have been named one of HBJ’s fasting-growing local professional firms in Houston. Also, we want you to have a life, we provide limited over time, so you have more time to do what you love.