At ABIP, PC we treat every client relationship like a true partnership. We help clients focus on their goals and obstacles and provides support to help them navigate through different stages of their lifecycle. Our professionals take the time to understand their operations and design a strategy unique to those needs. As advisors, we deliver a variety of assurance, tax, accounting, and specialized solutions that provide clients with the information necessary to successfully manage their business and everyday lives. Founded in 2001, ABIP is an award-winning firm with over 80 employees and 23 CPAs on staff.
People are our greatest asset. The relationships we have with our clients and with the members inside our firm are what make us grow and enjoy what we do. We are an established CPA and advisory firm with a diverse client base and services. With ABIP you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of services and industries in companies of varying sizes.
You will have the opportunity to interact directly with Municipal Utility District (MUD) clients and firm management to handle questions, planning, and other business matters. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Provide fund accounting support and bookkeeping services to various MUD clients with a variety of back-office accounting needs
- Completing and reviewing of month-end work (reconciliation of bank accounts, posting of cash receipts and cash disbursements, calculating and recording monthly accruals, recording standard monthly journal entries, processing payroll and posting journal entries, reconciling inter-fund balances, preparation of monthly financial reports, entering and reviewing General Ledger detail in the preparation of year-end closure
- Preparing and reviewing monthly Payroll
- Preparing and processing annual W-2’s, 1099’s, and unclaimed property reporting
Skills and Abilities:
- Presents a professional demeanor that represents one’s self well
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively seeks the advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues. Manages difficult situations with composure and tact
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Detail orientated
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change and competing priorities
- Good time management skills
- Client focused, maintains positive working relationships, and provides excellent customer service
- BBA or MA/MBA degree preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of MUD audit experience is strongly preferred
- Solid accounting theory knowledge and skills/experience in one or more of the following: general accounting, fund accounting, bookkeeping, budgeting, accounts receivable, and/or accounts payable
- Demonstrated experience and ability utilizing accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Microsoft Office skills required – Excel in particular
To apply for this job please visit abipcpa.com.